Saturday, October 17, 2009

The BEST husband EVER!!

So what?.....I'm 30. What's the big deal? I look exactly the same as I did when I was 18--at least in my mind. I have the hottest husband ever and the 2 most beautiful boys....and if I wasn't 30 then I wouldn't be right here...with them.
Anyways....back to my husband. Being the fabulous husband that he is....he surprised me with a trip to New York for my 3oth birthday!!! He planned the whole thing all by himself (with a little help from our personal guide-his brother Sean). He knows me so well that he read my mind and knew exactly what I would want to do. I know him so well that I had a hunch that we may be going to New York (I did not snoop at all--I am just smart).
We flew out Friday morning at 6 a.m. on a direct flight to NY and were there by 8:30 a.m. We dropped our stuff off at the hotel and then went straight to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, then we went on a pedicab ride through Central Park. That evening we got all dressed up and went to dinner at a fancy restaurant and then went to Wicked--amazing!!! Saturday we got up and headed to ChinaTown and Soho for a day of walking, shopping, eating and did I mention walking? My feet were KILLING me! I got some amazing deals (I will post a picture of all my purchases)...it was so fun. We came back and watched the Florida v UT game at the ESPN Zone in Times Square and then went and walked more and ate more. Sunday we got up and went back to SOHO and then went to the World Trade Center Site and Battery Park and walked and walked and walked. We flew home Sunday night and were soooo tired.
This was the first time that I have been out of town away from the boys and we missed them like CRAZY! It was so great though to be together and I really do have the best hottest husband ever. THANK YOU GOD....I am sooo blessed.
Eric turns 30 next year and I have a lot to live up to.

At Toys R Us in Times Square (for the boys)

Our view of Times Square from ESPN Zone where we watched the Gator Game.

Central Park

Central Park

Riding through Central Park in the PediCab.....our 1st crazy pedicab ride! Eric was skeered.

My "map man"....reading his map (Statue of Liberty in background)

Times Square

At my 30th birthday dinner. I know...my husband is hot.

Me on my 30th birthday....do I still look 18? Don't answer that....

All my "purchases"....so fun!

Battery Park

Our 2nd crazy pedicab ride on our way to Wicked...don't you love my hair?

Eric being Eric at the Met




1 comments:

Mrs. B said...

How fun! Eric did a great job planning! My birthday's in December and I seriously just told Mark I want this exact gift! I just love NYC!